Designed for high risk/critical power protection applications, and featuring patented Strikesorb® 80 surge protective devices, the Rayvoss “A” Series surge suppression systems from Raycap are available in a variety of operating voltages. Strikesorb, the high surge capacity protection element inside Rayvoss repetitively absorbs and dissipates excess energy from lightning surges and power surges without performance deterioration or aging to the SPD module. Contact Raycap today to select a system.
- Rayvoss industrial electrical protection systems are listed under the UL1449 5th Edition safety standard
- The Rayvoss enclosure is NEMA 4 rated, designed to withstand exterior environments
- The surge protective devices inside Rayvoss systems, Strikesorb, do not require an internal fuse to operate safely. Cables can be attached directly to the internal bus bars, eliminating the voltage drop across a fuse. The advantages are lower clamping voltages, zero maintenance, and no parts to replace
- Rayvoss can be installed “in-line” which eliminates the need for long cable lengths and results in the lowest clamping voltage possible
- Rayvoss A is UL listed for installation with a 4/0 AWG (120 mm²) cable capable of handling 225 A. Using the largest cable size possible helps to reduce the clamping voltage by reducing the inductance in the cable