RVL Voltage Limiting Device
RHP-SCD Voltage Limiting Device
RHP-SCD limits impermissible touch voltage developed in railway lines to very low safe levels by efficiently short-circuiting the negative rail and the earth. The programmable automatic opening of the RHP-SCD limits the effects of stray currents.
In fault cases such as accidental short-circuits with the contact lines, the RHP-SCD generates a durable conductive path between the overloaded area and the substation and is able to carry the traction fault current until the fault is cleared by the traction high-speed circuit breaker.
- Fast response time
- Efficient elimination of dangerous overvoltage to very low safe voltage values
- Guaranteed reversibility for long-term currents and high-short circuit currents
- Low residual voltage ensured by patented Strikesorb® surge protection technology
- Combined protection for personnel, passengers, and equipment
- Bidirectional operation
- Redundant triggering via electronic cards and PLC
- Control and monitoring functions
- Alarm and status remote signaling