Power Protection Cabinets
PowerPlus is Raycap’s solution to address the additional voltage drop that high power RRU’s create.
PowerPlus is a system installed at the DC Plant output that increases the voltage at the base of a cellular site to overcome this voltage drop. This allows carriers to use their existing infrastructure; cables, distribution, OVP’s, etc. and saves carriers tremendous cost and downtime.
Systems can be customized. Contact us for more information.
- Provides uninterrupted power to the RRH
- Strikesorb® surge protection integrated into each PowerPlus module
- Pluggable modules can be field replaced
- Tailor-made concept configured to fit the customer-specific requirements
- The high-efficiency design of a DC to DC converter with increased efficiency above standard converter designs
- Risk-free solution with no power interruption to the RRH
- No additional communication cables or modules needed on the RRH side
- Eliminates the need to install larger conductors on long runs of DC cables
- Increased energy efficiency with high power RRH/AAS installation
- Prolongs battery life in case of utility power outages
- Minimum site modifications with future proof concept