Power Distribution Units for FTTA/PTTA
OVP, Power and Fiber Management Enclosures
OVP, Power & Fiber Management Enclosures for tower top and bottom mitigate the risk of damage to remote radio equipment
The deployment of Remote Radio Head (RRH) architecture posed unique challenges to the mobile telecom industry. Raycap stepped up with an innovative approach to RRH protection solutions that mitigates the risk of damage due to lightning and provides high levels of availability and reliability to radio equipment.
These products offer unique maintenance-free protection against direct lightning currents and protect up to 12 circuits, protecting up to six remote radio heads, and also provide a connection for fiber pairs. The products utilize IP 67 rated enclosures, allowing for indoor or outdoor installation on a roof or tower top. Configurable cable ports are designed to accommodate varying diameters of hybrid (combined power and fiber optic) or standard cables with diameters up to 1-5/8″ (41.27mm) depending upon port configuration. A variety of lightweight aerodynamic designs provide maximum flexibility for tower or rooftop installation. Contact us today to learn about all the options and to help us design a solution that is right for your application.
- Overvoltage protection and/or fiber management junction box
- Location of use on a cell tower top or roof top
- Supports 4 interchangeable OVP options: No OVP, Strikesorb® 30-V1, Strikesorb 30-V1-HV, or Strikesorb 30-V1-XV
- Maximum surge current capacity Imax = 50kA (8/20 μs)
- IP 67 rated enclosure
- Voltage Protection Level [Up] up to 400V per IEC 61643-11
- Protection Class I or Class II per IEC 61643-11
- Incoming Power/Fiber configurable to meet customer specifications
- Complies with UL 1449 4th Edition, IEC 61643-11