TVL Railway Voltage Limiting Devices
In case of overvoltage, the TVL limits the dangerous voltage to very low safe values. In addition, in case of faults (e.g. accidental short-circuits with the contact lines), the TVL generates a durable conductive path between the overloaded area and the substation. This results in increased current loads being sensed at the substation, allowing an efficient tripping of the safety circuit breaker.
- Fast response time
- Efficient elimination of dangerous overvoltage to very low safe voltage values
- Low residual voltage ensured by Metal Oxide Varistor (MOV) module
- Temperature independent triggering voltage
- Guaranteed recoverability for long term currents
- Combined protection for personnel, passengers and equipment
- Bidirectional operation for protection against overvoltages in both polarities
There is no information available at this time.