Raycap Exclusive Surge Protection Component Technology
Strikesorb® – a unique MOV technology
Wherever deployed, Strikesorb technology will significantly improve the availability of the equipment it protects.
Raycap’s Strikesorb technology is a patented protection solution that ensures vital equipment does not experience downtime due to lightning or other power surge events. Strikesorb’s unique design features a distribution grade metal oxide varistor (MOV) that can handle much larger surges without affecting performance. The company has made significant R & D and operational investments to develop and validate Strikesorb to meet global safety standards. Strikesorb has been engineered and tested for use in AC and DC power applications, and the Strikesrob 30, 40 and 80 modules are compliant to IEC 61643-11 and the UL 1449 5th Edition Standards. The Strikesorb 35 is for DC applications and is classified as Class I and Class II SPD according to IEC 61643-31 and as Type 2 Component Assembly according to UL 1449 5th Edition.
Read more about Strikesorb Technology in this white paper.
Strikesorb is a patented technology that ensures the continuous protection of mission-critical equipment. It provides a very safe solution to any environment because it eliminates the use of materials which could burn, smoke or explode.Strikesorb SPDs are tested and certified according to international safety and performance standards, IEC and UL. The technology can withstand thousands of repetitive surge events without failure or degradation, so it is considered a maintenance-free technology. This is unlike any other surge protection technology on the market. Its fuse-less operation offers unparalleled performance against lightning and power surges, making it the most reliable SPD for protection of the entire installation. Strikesorb’s inherent capacity to resist high short-circuit currents enables flexible integration into industrial systems and “in-line” installation in both AC and DC applications without the need for a dedicated fuse. Installing Strikesorb results in the lowest possible let-through voltage and ensures optimum protection levels of critical infrastructure equipment. Based on years of field performance, Strikesorb’s expected lifetime is more than 20 years, and all modules are supplied with a 10-year limited lifetime warranty.
InvisiWave is a proprietary patent-pending technology fabricated from RF-friendly 3mm material that covers and hides 5G mmWave radios attached to poles, other structures, or rooftops. The technology has been tested from 700 MHz up to 100 GHz to safely conceal mmWave radios with minimum impact on attenuation and radiation patterns. It is easy to install and handle and has excellent flammability characteristics. The material is compatible to back lobe mitigation techniques with the use of upgrade kits. Its hyperphobic surface minimizes the impact of water after rainfall and it is UV resistant. InvisiWave is available in a variety of sizes and form factors and is used in the manufacture of radomes and other pole mounted solutions, rooftop pods, chimneys, screen wall aperture panels and more.
ProTec T1S Featuring Phase GDT Technology
Raycap’s proprietary Phase-GDT (PGDT) has been developed to optimize both Voltage Switching and Voltage Limiting SPD technologies to create an ideal Class I SPD in a DIN Rail design – where a compact package is possible using voltage-switching technology but without the drawbacks of a high residual voltage or poor follow-current rating. ProTec T1S utilizes a breakthrough multi-cell, encapsulated GDT technology, to achieve a residual voltage like that of an MOV-based SPD, but in a footprint half the size of the market competition and without restrictions governing where on a network it may be installed. Read more about it here in this paper.
PGDT Features & Benefits
- Compliant with IEC Class I testing per IEC 61643-11 – making it suitable for use in locations where direct, or partial direct, lightning currents can be expected per IEC 62305-4.
- Change over contacts for remote monitoring
- VDE mark – certified to applicable IEC and European norms under low voltage directives.
- High surge capacity but without the problems of follow-current extinguishing – can be installed on networks having high prospective short circuit fault currents (ISCCR).
- Tested to be suitable for repeated operations on networks with Ip as high as 50 kA 50/60 Hz.
- Multi-cell design reduces follow-current to the point it behaves much like MOV based technology – unlike conventional spark gap technology where the high follow-current causes the gap electrodes to degrade after each operation, PGDT provides a long operational life.
- Low residual voltage Up= 1.5 kV – can effectively be coordinated with other Class II or Class III SPDs on the network. It can be coordinated with any properly installed Class II SPD without the need to consider cable length in between the products.
- High surge rating in a compact, pluggable, DIN package – half the footprint of competitive products optimizes panel board real estate.
- Encapsulated design, vital parts are housed inside a hermetically sealed cell – no expulsion of hot, conductive, ionized gasses.
- Improved design ergonomics – features a retaining clip against vibration and shock.
- Efficient internal mechanical thermal disconnects – enables safe and reliable end-of-life behavior on networks.
- Red/Green status indicator
ProTec Hybrid Technology
ProTec Hybrid technology developed by Raycap features a special series connection of a varistor and a gas discharge tube. The technology is leakage-current free.
- IEC/EN: Class I + II / Type 1 + 2
- Location of use: Main Distribution Boards
- Protective element: GDT and MOV
- Surge ratings: Iimp = 25 kA, In = 25 kA
- Max Discharge Current: Imax = 65 kA
- Housing: Pluggable design
- Backup Fuse: 315 A gG up to 50 kA
- Patented design: Special varistor development
- Leakage current free
SafeTec Surge Protection Technology
Patented SafeTec technology is an open circuit mode in combination with current limiting technology. This current limiting control prevents permanent disconnection during adverse temporary overvoltage (TOV) conditions. SafeTec delivers a reliable solution for all overvoltages, surges and transients.
SafeTec technology serves as a current limiter in the event of unexpected faults in power supply networks and ensures that the maximum current through the MOV in the initial state of conductivity is a few amperes. The current balance is quickly established at a level of about 10 mA. The unique SafeTec technology ensures that the current does not exceed the MOVs energy handling capability and prevents unwanted SPD disconnection from the power supply. The all in one technology is suitable for all AC applications and DC applications.