CB Series – Connect and protect remote radio equipment
The deployment of Remote Radio Head (RRH) architecture poses unique challenges to the mobile telecom industry. Raycap’s innovative RRH protection solutions mitigate the risk of damage due to lightning and provide high levels of availability and reliability to radio equipment.
The CB Series offers unique maintenance-free protection against direct lightning currents. It protects up to 4 Remote Radio Heads and provides connection for fiber pairs. The product utilizes an IP 67 rated enclosure, allowing for indoor or outdoor installation on a roof or tower top. Configurable cable ports are designed to accommodate varying diameters of hybrid (combined power and fiber optic) or standard with diameters up to 1.625″ [41.27mm] depending upon port configuration. Lightweight aerodynamic design provides maximum flexibility for tower or roof top installation.
- Overvoltage protection and fiber management junction box
- Location of use: Cell tower top or roof top
- Protective element: Strikesorb 30-V1-HV
- Surge discharge rating: Imax = 60kA 8/20 μs
- Housing: IP 67 rated enclosure
- Voltage Protection Rating (VPR) per UL 1449 4th edition: 400V
- Protection Class as per IEC 61643-11: Class I
- Incoming Power/Fiber: Configurable to meet customer specifications
- Complies with: UL 1449 4th Ed, IEC 61643-11