Railway Voltage Limiter
In case of overvoltage, the RVL limits the dangerous voltage to very low safe values. Additionally, in case of faults (e.g. accidental short-circuits with the contact lines), the RVL generates a durable conductive path between the overloaded area and the substation. This results in increased current loads that are sensed at the substation, allowing an efficient tripping of the safety circuit breaker.
- Fast response time
- Efficient elimination of dangerous overvoltage to very low safe voltage values
- Low residual voltage ensured by patented Strikesorb surge protection technology
- Temperature independent triggering voltage in a wide range
- Guaranteed recoverability for long term currents and high short-circuit currents
- Combined protection for personnel, passengers and equipment
- Unidirectional or bidirectional operation depending on product version
There is no information available at this time.