When impermissible touch voltage is developed, the RHP-SCD limits it to very low safe values by efficiently short-circuiting the negative rail and the earth. The programmable automatic opening of the RHP-SCD limits the effects of stray currents. In case of insulation faults (e.g. accidental short-circuits with the contact lines), the RHP-SCD generates a durable conductive path between the overloaded area and the substation and is able to carry the traction fault current until the fault is cleared by the traction high speed circuit breaker. Embedded state-of-the-art protection technology against lightning and transient overvoltage guarantees optimum equipment protection.
- Fast response time
- Efficient elimination of dangerous overvoltage to very low safe voltage values
- Guaranteed reversibility for long term currents and high-short circuit currents
- Low residual voltage ensured by patented Strikesorb surge protection technology
- Combined protection for personnel, passengers and equipment
- Bidirectional operation
- Redundant triggering via electronic cards and PLC
- Control & monitoring functions
- Alarm & status remote signaling
There is no information available at this time.