With the increasing number of electrical vehicles on the road, charging stations are becoming more prevalent. While technologies have been focused on new vehicle designs and battery capacities, the ecosystem charging infrastructure also must be considered. The safety and protection of those using the infrastructure are covered under IEC 60364-7-722 (DIN VDE 0100-722:2019-06), which requires the use of overvoltage protection in all publicly accessible charging stations. Safety-conscious homeowners and small businesses will also want to protect their users and investments with specially-made surge protection. The ProTec T2C-EV surge protectors are uniquely designed to protect AC charging systems. Raycap also offers DC surge protectors for use in DC Fast Charging infrastructure.
- Compact design with 35mm width – suitable for even the smallest AC EV chargers
- Type 2 + 3 SPD
- Uc 300V, 3+1 SPD for TN-S or TT systems
- Discharge capacity up to 10kA (L-N) and 40kA (N-PE)
- Short circuit current rating 10 kA
- Mounts via DIN rail installation (only 2TE width needed) or flush mounting on the backplate with screws
- Features Faston connection terminals (insulated connection leads can be supplied together with SPD)